July 9th, 2022 is officially the date for the 2022 Chicago Robotics Invitational! This year will mark a return to our regular game modifications, which you can find more information about on our Game Modifications page.
There will be slots for 32 teams at the event, though we may be able to squeeze more teams in if we get more interest than in previous years.
The registration fee for this year is $125.
As usual, as an off-season event, there will be some modifications compared to normal events, outside of our game modifications:
- There will be no formal inspections, though referees may inspect a robot if they suspect a robot is breaking a rule.
- There will be no formal judging, though judged awards will be given out based off of field performance.
Friday, July 8th:
12:00 PM – Volunteers begin set up (if you would like to help with set-up please email email@example.com)
5:00 PM – Team check-In Opens, Pits Open, Practice Field Open
6:00 PM – Official Field Opens for Measurement
6:30 PM – Practice Matches Start
8:00 PM – Practice Matches End
8:30 PM – Pits Close, Practice Field Close
8:45PM – Venue Closes
Saturday, July 9th:
6:30 – Venue opens for Volunteers
7:30 – Venue opens for Team arrival
8:30 – Drivers/Coaches Meeting
9:00 – Opening Ceremony
9:30 – Matches Begin
12:00 – Lunch Break
1:00 – Matches Resume
3:00 – Matches End
3:15 – Alliance Selection
3:45 – Elimination Matches begin
5:30 – Awards Ceremony Begins
6:00 – Event Ends and teardown begins.
- The event will be fully in-person and will take place inside
- Any number of spectators, parents, friends, etc. are allowed to attend but must all be pre-registered. We will also be streaming the event online for everyone to be able to watch along. Information about the pre-registration process has been sent out to all accepted teams and volunteers via email.
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
- You will be required to wear a face mask at all times throughout the event regardless of vaccination status. This may be loosened to mask optional, depending on current COVID-19 cases in the city of Chicago.
- All attendees must be fully vaccinated. If you have a medical exemption, a PCR test within 72 hours of the start of the event may also be accepted. This requirement will not be relaxed.
- For the purposes of this event, fully vaccinated is defined as receiving a full set of initial vaccines (two shots for Moderna and Pfizer, one shot for J&J) and one booster, if eligible.
- Any changes to the COVID-19 Policy will communicated through email and updated on the website. These changes will not be changed more than two weeks before the event, to the best of our ability.
- Parking at the venue is limited to one team vehicle and parking will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- There is free and paid street parking available around the venue as well as parking garages. See the Parking Map for more information
- There will be limited space in-doors at the venue for teams to eat.
- In addition, the school is surrounded by Lincoln Park and other parks which have lots of open spaces to eat lunch in.
- There are a number of fast-food/fast-casual restaurants in the surrounding areas that teams can go to for lunch or can order delivery from. See the Food Map for more information